Our Story & Mission
SEA+STONE® jewelry is inspired by colored gemstones and the natural beauty of the Coastal South. Each piece of our jewelry is crafted with meticulous attention to detail and respect for precious materials. Our mission is to create unique and enduring treasures to be worn and cherished.
We are proud to sell unique products that are handcrafted in the USA.
SEA+STONE® jewelry collections are designed and fabricated in Southern Pines, NC. Our office is a working studio (not a brick & mortar shop), located just above CharBar No.7 off of Morganton Rd. We sell our jewelry online, at a variety of unique retailers, and at special events throughout the year.
Meet the Designer:
Thank you so much for visiting my website!
My name is Megan Proctor Connelley, and I am the founder & designer at SEA+STONE®!
I grew up in the Florida panhandle, where my parents grew up, as their parents did before them.
Most of my time there was spent on a farm just South of the Georgia state line and on a small stretch of quiet coastline along the Gulf. I have lived many other places since then.
Among the other places were:
- Savannah, GA: Where I attended the Savannah College of Art & Design to study metals & jewelry
- New York, NY: Where I worked as a jewelry designer for Coach, Inc and Alexis Bittar..and became a GIA Graduate Gemologist.
- Charleston, SC: Where I lived for two years before being swept off my feet by a charming tourist I met at a creek-side oyster bar.
- Southern Pines, NC: Where I presently reside with my husband (the aforementioned tourist) & my goldendoodle, Curtis. AND where I happily design and create SEA+STONE jewelry.
As a proud military spouse, I will probably continue to live in many other places before returning to the Sunshine State, but Florida runs deep in my blood and will always be my home and muse.
SEA+STONE® was born in the Summer of 2014 in New York City. It began as a side hustle & escapist dream while I worked in the fashion industry by day and studied gemology by night.
I was walking though Chinatown one evening and happened upon an aura reader. I walked into the shop, and the woman said that if I gave myself fully to my dreams, magical things would all fall in place for me. I completed my Graduate Gemologist certification, launched my website, packed my bags, and flew South with my fledgling jewelry line to turn it into a full time business and "give myself to my dreams".
The years since that fateful stroll have been nothing short of magic...and a lot of hard work, too!
SEA+STONE® is now sold online, at markets & trunk shows, and in a variety of unique retailers throughout the Southeast.
It's hard to say what the best part of my job is, but if I had to pick a top three...
- I am closer than ever to being a professional beachcomber/mermaid & get to spend a lot of my time scavenging and collecting neat materials from nature.
- When I'm not collecting, I get to sit in my studio beneath the North Carolina pines and let my creativity run wild.
- I get to see my creations worn & enjoyed by people with a similar curiosity for nature and appreciation of it's beauty
*BONUS* Every day is take-your-dog-to-work-day!