The desire to adorn goes back a very long time. It predates written history itself. Ever been curious what historical figures, celebrities, and designers have to say about jewelry? Well this is the list for you! I rounded up my ten favorite quotes about gemstones and jewelry. Some are practical, some are philosophical, and I hope you enjoy reading through them!
1. "It is hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world." -Dolly Parton
2. "There are three things extremely hard- steel, diamonds, and to know ones' self." - Benjamin Franklin
3. "Jewelry is like the perfect spice- it compliments what is already there." -Diane Von Furstenberg
4. "The hues of the opal, the light of a diamond, are not to be seen if the eye is too near." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. "Someone gives jewelry, and there's a bit of romance. If you buy it from a store, the store is trying to romance you. Even when I'm making the jewelry, I have to be romanced." -Waris Ahluwalia
6. "A diamond is a chunk of coal that made good under pressure." - Henry Kissinger
7. "If you don't know jewelry, know the jeweler." -Warren Buffet
8. "Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles." -Sonja Henie
9. "Each day is a gem, different in kind, size, and color and yours to polish!" -Carolanne Reynolds
10. "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." -Confucious
Which one spoke to you the most? Are there any I missed? We'd love to hear from you in the comments!